Consultation in the Heart Centre is only by referral from a Medical Practitioner.
St Vincent’s Heart Centre offers the best in patient care and the latest in medical technology. It’s a ‘one-stop shop’ for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, with a focus on addressing the individual needs of each patient.
The Heart Centre has six specialised cardiac clinics that are open to and easily accessible for patients with all kinds of cardiac issues. All visits are bulk billed, meaning no out-of-pocket expenses.
Your GP can refer you to any of our specialist clinics, including:
Cardiomyopathy and Advanced Heart Failure Clinic
- this specialty clinic is for patients with heart failure or cardiomyopathy.
Consultant medical staff includes A/Prof David Prior and Dr Justin Mariani.
Chest Pain Clinic
- this clinic provides streamlined assessment for patients with chest pain and cardiovascular risk. It offers quick access to diagnostic tests including coronary angiography, stress testing and the recently commenced cardiac CT service.
Consultants include A/Professor Andrew Wilson, Dr Jithendra Somaratne and Dr Sonny Palmer.
General Cardiology Clinic
- for patients with most forms of cardiac disease and risk factors for cardiac conditions.
Consultant Medical Staff include A/Prof Andrew MacIsaac, Dr Jennifer Coller, Dr Louise Creati and Dr Sonny Palmer.
Pacemaker and ICD Clinic
- for patients who have an implanted pacemaker or defibrillator to monitor and optimize device function. Medical consultant Dr Uwais Mohammed oversees this clinic. Patients with these devices are also assessed and managed by Dr Justin Mariani in the Cardiomyopathy and Advanced Heart Failure Clinic.
Consultant Medical Staff include: Dr Uwais Mohammed, Dr Justin Mariani
Valvular Heart Disease Clinic
- for patients with all forms of valvular heart disease. This clinic is arranged so patients can undergo clinical and diagnostic assessment on the same day.
Consultant medical staff A/Professor Andrew MacIsaac.
for assessment of athletes and non-athletes with exercise related symptoms. Common issues include palpitations, collapse, breathlessness, abnormalities on screening and fitness assessments and exercise prescription for patients with cardiac abnormalities. The cardiologists attending this clinic also have expertise in the assessment and management of inherited/ genetic cardiac disease (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ARVC, long QT syndrome etc). This clinic is not exclusive to athletes and offers a prompt and comprehensive evaluation of less common clinical presentations.
Dr Andre La Gerche, A/Professor David Prior, Dr Maria Brosnan
Clinics are bulk billed with no out of pocket expenses.
For more information on any of our clinics please call 03 9231 3000 or fax your referral to 03 9231 3333.